The Bella Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization based in Oklahoma City created to assist low-income, elderly or terminally ill pet owners with the cost of veterinary care when it cannot be afforded and also find permanent loving homes for rescued animals.
To be considered for this program please review and follow the guidelines below.
1. Applicant must be seen by a veterinarian before application can be submitted.
2. Applicant must apply for Care Credit before application can be submitted. Click Care Credit Online Application. Choose the VETERINARY option under "I'm not ready to choose a doctor yet" and then NEXT.
3. Itemized cost and type of procedure will be required to complete application process. The Bella Foundation will only provide funding in the amount of the cost stated on the itemized list of procedures.
4. The Bella Foundation will not provide funding for long term care. Most instances will be for no more than 30 days and will not provide for multiple instances of treatment or elective procedures.
5. The Bella Foundation does not reimburse cost of veterinary care if care has already been performed.
6. The Bella Foundation does not provide assistance so that an animal can be released from a veterinary clinic.
7. The Bella Foundation requires arrangements must be made to have dog/cat spayed or neutered, or animal must already be altered. Owner has 30 days to present animal for spay or neuter at an approved veterinarian or a spay/neuter clinic. Failure to do so will cause revocation of funds. After procedure is complete, documentation must be presented to regular veterinarian. If health reasons do not permit animal to be altered, special consideration may be granted.
8. The Bella Foundation requires all recipients volunteer 8 hours of their time to The Bella Foundation, the Oklahoma City Animal Shelter, or a local animal shelter in their area. Owner has 48 hours to make volunteer arrangements with Volunteer Coodinator. Failure to do so will cause revocation of funds. If owner is unable to volunteer because of physical limitations other arrangements may be made at the discretion of The Bella Foundation.
9. The Bella Foundation limits funding to one (1) instance per twelve (12) month period beginning from date funding is provided per household.
10. The Bella Foundation requires submission of documentation providing amount and source of income and ID verification with application. Yearly household income including all adults over the age of 18 cannot exceed $40,000.00 per year. Acceptable sources are: current pay stub, previous year W-2, or government issued assistance card. Unemployment benefits will not be accepted as proof of income. Please ensure all instances of social security numbers are removed.
11. The Bella Foundation requires adequate living conditions for animal after procedure is performed, i.e.. fenced yard, dog house, food, water.
12. Owner agrees to provide a photo of their pet.
13. The Bella Foundation is not responsible for loss of pet due to any procedure performed. If you feel you meet these guidelines and have completed all steops please click below.